What was once considered a warehouse district has transformed into one of Chicago's trendiest neighborhoods. The West Loop really started to take shape only two decades ago, and is now considered one of the most desirable places in the city to live. Many of the old warehouses here have been turned into gorgeous lofts, but for those who prefer the amenities that come along with high-rise living, you have some exceptional options to choose from, as well. If you're in the market for a new home or condo, take a quick look at just a few of the top West Loop high-rises scattered throughout the neighborhood:
- Haberdasher Square Lofts - Also simply known as "728 W. Jackson Boulevard," residents here are walking distance from Union Station and the financial district. Amenities include a penthouse level exercise room, roof deck, 24-hour doorman, and heated parking garage. Some of these dramatic living spaces offer an open layout, granite covered chef's kitchen, fireplace, central vacuum, and a wine refrigerator big enough to hold 500 bottles.
- Skybridge Condos - This is one of the tallest buildings in the West Loop, so unobstructed views are easy to come by in its condos. This is a newer high-rise, as it was constructed in 2002. It offers a variety of condo layouts, some of which have floor-to-ceiling glass and three balconies for 360-degree views of the city. Features to appreciate include solar shades, steam shower and Jacuzzi, fireplace, surround sound, and heated garage.
- Emerald On Green - The exterior of this structure alone is captivating enough to lure you in. Then, when you realize it offers eco-friendly living it is hard to see yourself living anywhere else. Emerald uses low-VOC paint, bamboo flooring, and fabrics made of recycled fiber. The modern floor plans boast floor-to-ceiling energy-efficient windows, marble baths, customized closet space, and probably one of the most hip and modern fitness centers you will ever see.
- Park Alexandria - Built in 2003, Park Alexandria is a "walk to work" location, as it is only a few blocks from the financial district, as well as many accounting and law firms in downtown Chicago. It offers a fitness center, bike storage, party room, fully furnished guest suites, and 24-hour doorman. It is also one of Chicago's most pet-friendly buildings, as there is a massive 9,000-square-foot private park for you to exercise with your pets.
- 659 West Randolph - This 236-unit building was just constructed in 2009. It offers modern kitchens, floor-to-ceiling windows, outdoor pool, bike room, health club, sundeck, and a dog run. It is also walking distance to the Magnificent Mile and Restaurant Row.